Popular Posts

Sunday, July 31, 2011

A hot day in Flowery Branch


Everyone is home from church and it is time to relax. My husband has taken the boys dirt bike riding and me and the girls are catching up on some television. It has been a pretty easy week.There were no sports practices this week due to the heat index so I was able to work in my garden. The squash plants were getting infested with bugs so they were discarded. I now have more room to get to my hundreds of delicious,ripe cherry tomatoes. Yesterday I must have picked at least 50!! I decide to freeze them for use in a sauce later. My garden has really gone well this season with the exception of the carrots. I think I probably pulled the carrots to soon. My kids start back to school next week so we did a lot of shopping this weekend. My daughter says she wants to "make a statement" this year. Last year she was in middle school and had to wear a uniform so I can understand her excitement. I was very proud of us, we shopped at the local thrift stores and got several high end jeans and shirts for about six dollars each. Also I got my son ten outfits for under thirty dollars! What a savings and my daughter thought it was so much fun. Her friend asked me to take her school shopping there! Could this be a new trend? Well that is about the extent of the week without to many boring details. I have procrastanated enough and must clean up the dishes from breakfast this morning. Until next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment